Find the timeline of the Maldives Resorts that will gradually reopen to tourists.
Last update : 26 August 2020
The Maldives have opened their borders to tourists from all countries this July 15th.
Hotels, Resorts, Liveaboards and guest houses have started to reopen at different dates as part of the country’s phases of reopening.
If you dream of traveling again to the Maldives and wonder if and when your favorite resort will reopen, you will find here the complete list of hotel reopening dates ( available and confirmed until further notice).
From 15th July, tourist establishments in Maldives have gradually open to travelers (some resorts have remained open before this date but with no arrival at all ).
With a concept of 1 island = 1 resort, the country has taken plenty of measures to maximise safety.
- Resorts to reopen in Maldives from 15th July – Which and When ?
- Resort Opening date : 15th July and onwards
- Resorts opening from 01st August (onwards)
- Resorts opening from 01st September (onwards)
- Resorts opening from 01st october (onwards)
- Resorts opening FROM 01ST November (ONWARDS)
- Resort opening FROM 01ST January 2021 (ONWARDS)
- Resorts without reopening dates (yet)
Dear Maldives Dreamer, please note that before booking again your holidays, you will need to check on the new measures applied for entries to the country. Several rules and measure will apply for all tourists, like everywhere else around the world.
Read more about Maldives visitor’s entry and stay conditions
If you plan to travel to the Maldives from the day of reopening or later, here is a timeline of resort opening dates.
note : Your booking must be made in 1 Hotel/Resort/Island only. Island hopping and combination of several resorts/islands are not allowed until further notice.
Resorts to reopen in Maldives from 15th July – Which and When ?
Here are the Maldives resorts and Hotels that will gradually open from July 15th until Mid-November 2020.
Note : The following dates have been released by resorts.
Some haven’t submitted their opening dates yet. They are listed at the end of the list.
The following resorts will reopen from various Dates onwards. This timeline might change as Maldives situation evolves.
I will update this list accordingly.
Have an update for this list ? Email me at rozenn(at)dreamingofmaldives(dot)com
Resorts are listed in Alphabetical order.
Resorts indicated with * have remained open during Covid-19
Resort Opening date : 15th July and onwards
- Amaya Kuda Rah
- Angsana Ihuru
- Angsana Velavaru
- Atmosphere Kanifushi *
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru
- Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
- Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives
- Cocoon Maldives
- Constance Halaveli
- Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Eriyadu Island Resort
- Fihalhohi Island Resort
- Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
- Furaveri Island Resort & Spa
- Gangehi Island Resort
- Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- Kudafushi Resort and Spa
- Lily Beach Resort & Spa
- LTI Maafushivaru, Maldives
- LUX * North Male Atoll *
- Noku Maldives
- OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli *
- OBLU SELECT at Sangeli *
- OZEN by Atmosphere at Maadhoo *
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa
- Rahaa Resort
- SAii Lagoon Maldives
- Six Senses Laamu
- Soneva Fushi
- Soneva Jani
- Taj Coral Reef Resort & Spa
- Taj Exotica Maldives Resort & Spa
- Twin Island Resort
- The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah
- VARU by Atmosphere *
- Velaa Private Island Maldives *
- Velifushi by Cinnamon Maldives
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
- You & Me by Cocoon Maldives
Resorts opening from 01st August (onwards)
- AaaVeee Nature’s Paradise
- Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences
- Bandos Maldives
- Biyadhoo Island Resort
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa
- Centara Ras Fushi
- Cheval Blanc Randheli
- Club Med Finolhu Villas
- Club Med Kani
- Coco Bodu Hithi
- Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- Coco Privé Kuda Hithi
- Drift Thelu Veliga Retreat
- Dusit Thani Maldives
- Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa
- Eriyadu Island Resort
- Fun Island Resort
- Hotel Jen by Shangri-La
- JOALI Maldives
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas
- Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort
- Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives
- Nika Island Resort
- One&Only Reethi Rah
- RIU Palace ( from 17 August )
- RIU Atoll ( from 17 August )
- ROBINSON Club Noonu
- Sun Island Resort & Spa
- The Barefoot Eco Hotel
- Vakkaru Maldives
Resorts opening from 01st September (onwards)
- Adaaran Club Rannalhi
- Adaaran Select Meedhupparu
- Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo
- Amari Havodda Maldives
- Champa Central Hotel
- Constance Moofushi Maldives
- Dhigufaru Island Resort
- Embudu Village
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
- Heritance Aarah Maldives
- Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa Maldives
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
- Hurawalhi Island Resort
- Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagau
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island
- Kandima Maldives
- Kihaa Maldives
- Komandoo Island Resort
- Kudadoo Maldives Private Island
- Pullman Maldives Maamutaa
- Summer Island
- Sun Island
- The Nautilus Maldives
Resorts opening from 01st october (onwards)
- Anantara Dhigu
- Anantara Veli
- Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
- Angaga Island Resort and Spa
- Baglioni Resort Maldives
- Baros Maldives
- Brennia Kottefaru ( should open, to be reconfirmed )
- COMO Cocoa Island
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- Dhigali Maldives
- Dreamland Maldives
- Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Faarufushi Maldives
- Filitheyo Island Resort
- Fushifaru Maldives
- Diamonds Athuruga (from Oct, 30th)
- Diamonds Thudufushi (from Oct, 30th)
- Innahura Maldives Resort
- Huvafen Fushi
- JA Manafaru
- JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa
- Kandolhu Maldives
- Kanuhura Maldives
- Kuramathi Maldives
- Kurumba Maldives
- Malahini Kuda Bandos
- Makunudu Island
- Medhufushi Island Resort
- Naladhu Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands
- Outrigger Konotta Maldives
- Ozen Reserve Vittaveli
- Palm Beach Island Resort and Spa
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
- Reethi Faru
- Rihiveli The Dream
- ROBINSON Club Maldives
- Royal Island Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Full Moon Maldives
- Sun Aqua Iru Veli
- Sun Aqua Vilu Reef
- The Residence Maldives at Falhumaafushi
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
- The Standard, Maldives
- The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort
- Velassaru Maldives
- W Maldives
Resorts opening FROM 01ST November (ONWARDS)
- COMO Maalifushi ( November 16th)
- Fun Island
- Reethi Beach
- Thulhagiri Island Resort
Resort opening FROM 01ST January 2021 (ONWARDS)
- Vakarufalhi Island Resort
Resorts without reopening dates (yet)
Unfortunately the following resorts haven’t released any opening dates. Hopefully they will soon…
- Canareef Resort ( closed for 2 years )
- Holiday Island
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
- Sandies Bathala
- [ update Aug 26th ] Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa ( closed until further notice )
- Velidhu Island Resort
Any news on shangri_l.a. Resort…..any plans to reopen at all??
Unfortunately, no official news yet. Stay tuned, I will release any solid update that becomes available.
hi there, any idea about opening of Diamond Athuruga / Thudufushi properties
Hi Dealon, apparently from 1st November 2020, but I found nothing in their official releases.
hey there , any news about Milaidhoo island opening ?
Hi Pierre !
Yes, it announced and updated, Milaidhoo will reopen on Sep, 01st !
If we are booked to go to the Maldives at the end of September , but at the moment the foreign office says it’s not essential. What can we do .
We are due to pay our balance tomorrow .
From England to dubi to transfer to Maldives on the 28th September .
Do you think this will be allowed from the UK by then
I wish I could answer your question but I cannot tell you the situation in september…unfortunately.
I would like to know when people in local islands will be able to travel to Male without staying in quarantine ?
I cannot tell you. It all depends on the situation in Male. People need to stay safe and avoid to bring this infamous virus into your precious islands. Keep on. Let’s be all patient and optimistic until life becomes “normal” again. Stay safe and well dear Shama.
Hello there , would like to know any updates on opening of RIU maldives hotels
Hello Kinan, unfortunately no, not a single news about a date. Stay tuned.
RIU confirmed me that RIU Palace will open on AUGUST 17. The list is updated.
RIU Atoll will come soon. Thank you for your patience.
Niyama Private Villas not in any lists ? any idea of opening date ?
Hello John, unfortunately no, no official date yet. The resort announced last month that it will be closed until 30 June. Since then no update. I am working on it and will update the list accordingly and immediately. Stay tuned. Stay safe and Have a great day !