WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS 2010 , Maldives scoops most of the Awards
There is no other country in the World like The Maldives.
Located astride the equator, south of India and west of Sri Lanka, the all country unique specificity resides in the Geography made of an exclusive formation of natural atolls, sandy islands and reefs stretching along 823 km (511 miles) but occupying only an area of just 300 sq km (116 sq miles).
With an average ground of 1.5 meter above the sea level, the country is today endangered by the global sea level rising.
All land above the surface in the Maldives is of coralline origin.
The beauty of their lagoons and sandy beaches along with their splendid aerial views make the Maldives an Absolute Paradise.
The origin of the word “atoll ” itself derives from the Dhivehi language of the Maldives “Atholhu” and is now used in many languages worldwide.
In 2010 World Travel Awards, they have been again honored with numerous prestigious Awards :
Awards to Maldives:
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Cruise Destination: Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Boutique Hotel: Cocoa Island, Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination: Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Hotel: Baros Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Resort: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Spa Resort: W Retreat & Spa, Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Travel Agency: Vermillion International Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Villa: Baros Residence, Baros Maldives
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Water Villa Group: Adaaran Prestige Resorts
- Maldives’ Leading Hotel: Kurumba Maldives
- Maldives’ Leading Luxury Tour Operator: Skytours Maldives
- Maldives’ Leading Resort: Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- Maldives’ Leading Spa Resort: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- Maldives’ Leading Villa: Anantara Resort Maldives
- Maldives’ Leading Water Villas: Adaaran Prestige Water Villas
Congratulation to Maldives and the winning Resorts.